Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014

Hello Lovlies!
I do hope you have all had a very special Christmas and that you are gearing up to start the New Year with a bang!
I couldn't let 2014 come to an end without having a reminisce through this years previous projects and posts.
2014 has zoomed by and I haven't blogged nearly as much as I've wanted, nonetheless, looking back over my posts I'm extremely proud of all of the things I've created this year.
From completing the Japanese flower Blanket that Dennis started years ago, to "making over" an ikea lamp, its been a year full of crochet and colour.


Weddings were a common theme this year, as Dennis and I made a crocheted bouquet for his best friends wedding. It was a challenge to make, but the outcome was better than we could ever have imagined.


I also made a rather interesting contraption so that my little furry dog friend, Hayley, could carry her owners wedding rings down the isle.



Little projects were made to make our apartment that much more homely.



Dennis got to work on a rather scrummy knitted blanket! Its not quite finished yet, but will be a project he continues with into the New Year.


I crocheted galore!! Spiral cushions...


Sunflowers...


Granny squares.....

Dozens of flowers....So bright and cheery


They added a rather unique tough to my ikea lamp!


Of course the common theme of the year was colour!
I am so drawn to all things bright and cheery and get a huge amour of inspiration and energy from these little splashes of vibrancy.


I'm hoping that 2015 turns out to be just as colourful and even more creative than this past year.
I'm wishing each and everyone of you a very special start to 2015 and thank you all for coming and paying me frequent visits here on my blog......Until next year!!!
Have a very Happy New Year!!!

This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

20 comments:

  1. Happ New Year, Matt. I absolutely love your blog! Thank you for sharing all this wonderful stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog - Happy New Year to you and Dennis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours in your Japanese blanket and I especially love the bouquet. happy New Year from Rhian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a happy new year, Matt!! Thank you so much for your bright creations and cheerful posts. It's a pleasure to follow and read you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Matt,
    thanx for your "overview" - I´ve always enjoyed your works - thanx for them and I wish me more :)
    All the best for you and your beloved
    Sabine from Worms in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creations... Happy New Year to you and your family !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Matt!!!
    I wish that this year will be much colourful than the last year!!!
    Stefania xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! 2014 has been a very colourful year for you: Thanks for sharing your projects with us! I simply adore the flower blanket. Sooo pretty!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Matt!! I enjoy seeing all of your projects and your photography is just AMAZING!!! I hope you and your family have a Healthy Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoy reading your blog whenever you blog!That's great for me!Enjoy 2015!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very happy new year to you Matt!
    I love your blog. It is so full of light, enthusiasm and nice things. Diana from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year!
    I love your projects!
    Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice to treat us with two blogs in two days! I wish you andDennis a colorful and creative new year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy new year & Best wishes ! Love
    Bonne année et bonne santé et que cette année t'inspire beaucoup de nouvelles créations !

    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post makes me want to completely remodel my home! :*

    ReplyDelete
  16. really like the crochet bouquet! beautiful

    Natasha x
    Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember your wedding bouquet now, it's really one of the most beautiful crochet'd things I've ever seen :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your Ikea Lamp! Genious! Your wedding bouquet is beautiful. I want to start a flower afghan like the one you finished. I love that look. Your year has been gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I follow and share.
    ~Crystal

    http://krystlewv.blogspot.com
    Crochet A Day In The Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the inspiration for the lamp!!! I made it myself this summier. All the flowersvi crocheted in greece! soms that's a Nice memory now!! Photo on my blog: beesblaasblog.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!