Friday 17 January 2014

Ends

Hello Lovelies!!! How are you all doing?
I'm doing very well. I've had quite a full and packed week already, and the weekend is still yet to come!

For the first part of the week I've been leading the flying auditions at work. We are looking for new cast members for our cast change that'll happen in a couple of months. This is a really enjoyable process, working with lots of candidates who are super energetic and hopeful to get the job.
The excitement mixed with little desperation creates an amazing energy and the auditions always turn out to be fun. Not to mention the candidates were doing the audition on a line, metres above the ground, which is always a little crazy.

Once the auditions were done, I moved on to my next challenge of the week: having a rehearsal run of the show with me playing the role of Terk, Tarzan's best friend.
I was very nervous but extremely excited to get back on the stage and revisit this role. It's been a while since I've been onstage as one of the main characters, so I was a little anxious trying to remember how it felt singing solo, spotlight shining in my eyes whilst hanging in the air. It is really quite an experience!! I was happy with how the rehearsal went and all going well I'll play in front of an audience (about 2000 people, EEEEEEEK) next week.

So As you can see it's been a busy start to the week, but amongst the busy pressure of work, I got around to adding the last few flowers to the blanket I've been working on. I am VERY excited about it! Now this isn't the big reveal, just a little look at how it's coming along.


I am so pleased with it, The colour and the texture, It's lovely and soft!

I was looking after Hayley (my friends cute little dog) earlier in the week and she was particularly taken by the blanket. She rather enjoyed snuggling up in it, whilst watching television :-)


Now the reason I'm not doing the big reveal is that I still have ends to sew in. I'm determined for it to be totally finished before I show it in its entirety. 
I'm really going for it with my 'end sewing', whilst working through the television series 'Greys Anatomy'. Thank God there are 10 seasons, I think I'll need all seasons until I'm finally done with those pesky ends. On the plus side, I am making steady progress and promise to let you know when I'm near completion. 


Hope you are all having a splendid week and have a lovely weekend!

This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

28 comments:

  1. Fantastic colors! Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful. Can't wait to see the final pictures. Eagerly awaiting for your next post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, can't wait for the big reveal! What are you doing with all your ends? I've been keeping mine and decided to sew a cushion and stuff it with all the ends. It would have to be my least favourite crochet task, so I figure if I make something out of them it won't be a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous Matt - look forward to the big 'reveal'...
    I wish your production would 'tour' in the UK so we can come and watch you..
    Hugs
    Tracy SC Somerset

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the end result. Your friend's puppy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you job wise and really looking forward to the blanket reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i miss flying!!! i flew over the summer in a show (with the lovely pich, actually) and it made me feel neverending every time.

    love those colors, you've gt a smart pup there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So colourful! I also watch re-runs of Greys Anatomy while sewing in ends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your colourful blanket. Waiting to see the completed pics. And the pup is so cute :-) I was inspired by your crochet clock and made one. Do have a look at it whenever you find time. :-)
    http://hookingtheyarn.blogspot.ca/2013/12/crochet-doily-clock.html

    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the look of the blanket Matt and eagerly await the finished article. I have only just found your blog and absolutely adore your work and have done a couple of your bits. I loved your blog on Bath and have booked a day coach trip to visit there at the end of March. Keep up the lovely blog and thank you :-) Love Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hayley is adorable...hurry up with those ends Matt we need a big reveal of colour as here in uk it is very very grey....x
    Daisy j

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant, cannot wait for the big reveal. Have you seen on FB there is a group dedicated to making mood blankets in 2014. Make a crochet square a day/week in the colour of your mood, and by December have your very own mood blanket from 2014! What a fab idea! Pop over and see my blog if you have time, you would be so very welcome. Good luck with rehearsals too x http://eclectichomelife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/crocheting-slipper-socks-and-lunch.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blanket certainly looks lovely. Can't wait to see it all finished. Keep up with the good work sewing in all the ends, it'll be totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's lovely to have you back in blogland, I've missed the vibrant colours you bring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please pop all those ends out in a park or garden so that the birds can line their nests with them. What a beautiful,beautiful blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy Grey's Anatomy - its one of my favourites. I love it when I find a series I like and have lots of old seasons to catch up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to see a top shot of the blanket.. are you using alpaca? I have a similar flower shawl on the make but it's sidelined while I finish my grandson's blanket, a neat ripple. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks amazing!! Can't wait for the big reveal, to see it in all it's glory!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those bright colors! Good luck with auditions. Audition and production times are always insane around here. Looking forward to the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Preciosa manta !! me encanta que siempre eliges colores muy vivos que son mis favoritos
    espero ver el final!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! That's a lot of colorful flowers! Love it! The puppy's awfully cute too. Good luck with your solo and with sewing in all those pesky ends!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks great,but all those ends? I always weave them in as I go .What a cute little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always nice to read a blog post from you, life sounds fun for you. I'd love to be at the auditions, it's always my fave part of those tv shows...
    The blanket is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the peek at the new blanket! "Break a leg" for the up coming show!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a gorgeous choice of colours in your blanket Matt. Those flowers look like lilies on a pond. You must REALLY trust little Hayley to let her sit anywhere near it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good luck in the play Matt, you'll do great! What an exciting job and life you have, soooooo much more fun than working in an office :-D Absolutely loving your flowers, the colours are divine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!